Full Job Description
We are looking for a talented OSP Engineer to join us in building large scale, high performance networks. A successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the broadband and telecommunications industry and be able to work closely with our operations team to meet company buildout goals.
- Directs activities of outside plant, engineering and installation/repair.
- Directs engineering operations by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues and monitoring work flow to ensure timely completion of construction, replacement, removal and maintenance of cable, equipment and facilities.
- Directs work with independent contractors and consultants on fiber deployment projects.
- Ensures personnel understand RUS specifications, safety procedures and preventive maintenance operations including bonding and grounding of digital switching equipment installations.
- Develops and maintains plant records to ensure information is available for reference, analysis and monitoring of plant operations and equipment.
- Assists in developing operations budget, authorizes expenditures and oversees projects to ensure business plan objectives are met.
- Develops and improves internal processes and procedures.
- Analyzes plant operations and makes recommendations for improvements to plant and equipment.
- Maintains plant inventory by monitoring supply levels, determining needs and purchasing equipment, tools and supplies as needed.
- Identifies, researches and recommends new products, services and technologies to top management. Evaluates market demand and makes recommendations for implementation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- 8 hour shift
- No weekends
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.